PostGIS 2.1.6 Released
The 2.1.6 release of PostGIS is now available.
The PostGIS development team is happy to release patch for PostGIS 2.1, the 2.1.6 release. As befits a patch release, the focus is on bugs, breakages, and performance issues. Users with large tables of points will want to priorize this patch, for substantial (~50%) disk space savings.
html doc download pdf doc download
- #3000, Ensure edge splitting and healing algorithms use indexes
- #3048, Speed up geometry simplification (J.Santana @ CartoDB)
- #3050, Speep up geometry type reading (J.Santana @ CartoDB)
- #2941, allow geography columns with SRID other than 4326
- #3069, small objects getting inappropriately fluffed up w/ boxes
- #3068, Have postgis_typmod_dims return NULL for unconstrained dims
- #3061, Allow duplicate points in JSON, GML, GML ST_GeomFrom* functions
- #3058, Fix ND-GiST picksplit method to split on the best plane
- #3052, Make operators <-> and <#> available for PostgreSQL < 9.1
- #3045, Fix dimensionality confusion in &&& operator
- #3016, Allow unregistering layers of corrupted topologies
- #3015, Avoid exceptions from TopologySummary
- #3020, ST_AddBand out-db bug where height using width value
- #3031, Allow restore of Geometry(Point) tables dumped with empties in them
View all closed tickets.